luni, 31 august 2015

Introduction days at UCN #nordicadventures


This week I got a piece of student life. UCN held introduction days where lecturers spoke about the school, about the teaching methods (reflective practice-based learning, to be more precise) and well, Denmark. Besides that, we also got help filling in the forms for residence permit, a job seminar and a party. 

One interesting thing I've learned about UCN these days is that we will have this "Insights Profile". It is sort of a personality test. Normally it would cost about 100 euros I believe but the school will "test" us for free so that's something I'm quite excited about. The results of the test will indicate one's strengths, weaknesses, what makes you happy, mad, how people should approach you and so on. It's like an honest, objective essay of yourself. 

Now, the first thing that shocked me was how organized the events were. Well, the country itself is very well organized and that is something you can tell by the attention to details, such as the bus stations (about which I will write more in another post). Everything had its place and everything was done by the clock. In Romania, the events held by schools were chaotic. Nobody knew what's going on, where to sit down and how to react. 

The other thing that shocked me (BIG TIME) were drunk people. I understand the fact that Danes drink a lot and I don't really care. However, I was coming home by bus from a party on Friday and I was shocked by the number of drunk people. I swear, I have never seen so many drunk and stoned people ever in my life. And trust me, I've been places. I have never seen people you normally see at respected offices not being able to walk straight. Some people might say that I'm judging and so on but I believe being able to tell whom you want to be around is a sign of maturity. The people you surround yourself with define you because you choose them according to your values and principles. 

Anyway, all in all, school left me with a very good first impression. I don't think I've ever been so eager to learn as I am now and I can't wait to start the programme (which will happen tomorrow as it is the first official day). 

If you have any questions you think I could help you with regarding Denmark or education in Denmark, do not hesitate to drop me a message, I'd be glad to help :)


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu