luni, 25 noiembrie 2013

"Life as we know it"


“ It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for something, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and then someday is yesterday and this is your life.
We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing.. but ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming..
If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever.
Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true.
You never know where the next miracle’s gonna come from. The next memory. The next smile. The next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it.. you just might get the thing you’re wishing for.
The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it.

So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it. With all your heart!”

-One Tree Hill.. forever

  That first paragraph was the one that honestly changed my life.  At one point I realized that it applies to all of us, no matter if there are people (such as parents, friends and so on) who try to take control over our lives, or they just let us decide what we want to do. All of us have that one point in our lives when we just don’t know what to do next, what are we meant for. We start losing control, we don’t even know what we like to do anymore. Why? Well, if you find an answer to this question, please do tell me. I have no idea why, but it happens. And it sucks.
  Even worse is that many of us get stuck at that point. And eeven worse that this, or maybe equally bad, is that many of us let other people decide for us. For instance, I’ve heard many friends of mine letting their parents decide for them where to go to college. And honestly, college is a big thing, because if you don’t decide for yourself you will get stuck on a job you will hate. You must decide for yourself.
  I’m not saying that what I’m planning is right, but I decided that if I won’t be able to get into a decent college somewhere abroad, I’m not going for it. Unfortunately, in my country, it’s not a big deal if you have a diploma or not. People with 2 diplomas will work for the same money in the same factory with the people that don’t have any. I’m not the kind of person who can learn theories and stuff like that. I can’t go to such college. This is why I’m going to choose International Media and Entertainment Management. I need to do something creative. I can’t work for people. I’m not good with dead-lines. But I know that if I really want to do something, I’ll do it right. I will fight until I will get what I want.

  I have a really good friend, whom I know since we were little. She is such a smart girl, in both intellectual and behavior-sort-of way. She is amazing, but she didn’t go abroad. I’m 100% sure that she could have, if she wanted.. I guess she wasn’t ready. However, I feel kind of sorry for her, and for all those undecided people out there, because there are so many who have potential, who are destined for big things and they just get lost in this endless crowd of zombies. She, particularly, changed me as a person. I used to look up to her, for being so smart, and nice to people. I hope she’ll get the best in life, because she deserves it. You know those people you somehow connect with, those people who without actually noticing, change your life? She is like that, for me at least.

  However, the other this I wanted to talk about is the paragraph which says ‘if you have a friend and you knew you’d never see him again (…)’. It refers to the fact that you should keep people close to you. Those who deserve it, of course. We tend to let go of some people just with no reason, actually. I’ve been having this idea for a while, you know, when you know someone and someone who has a greater influence upon you tells you something bad about that person, you tend to accept and agree to that. When you agree to something bad about someone, you start seeing that person from another perspective, and you might see only his/her negative parts. I do that a lot. Maybe I don’t seem to be, but I get easily influenced. Which brings me to another thing I want to talk about in another post, as this one gets a little long, do we really get to know ourselves? As I did many personality tests I realized that I might not be as they show, and that’s probably because we don’t answer to those questions with true facts about us, we answer with facts about how we’d like to be. However, I will talk about this in one of my future posts.


fitblanks

2 comentarii:

  1. so happy about your new post <3 looks really interesting. can't wait to read it :* Alina, as always :D

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Interesting one... So this post gives me 2 ideas: the first one is pursuing our dreams, and second is keeping the people we love... both ideas are actually good, but for most instances, you have to choose which one you keep and which one you drop. For example in my case, I have a very good career and I can still be better, however, I drop my career and transfer to a "less urban" with "less opportunity" place because keeping my good career means living away with my husband, thus my priority is keeping the person I love than pursuing career growth... stuffs like that... it's mostly the case with other rich people, they prefer their business over their family, so they are rich but their family is falling apart... you're lucky if you can have both at the same time! =)

    JL Arnaiz

    RăspundețiȘtergere