miercuri, 6 noiembrie 2013

Independence

 Now, if you know me, you know I love tattoos. I only have one, but I'm planning to get more. 
 You know, getting tattoed is like an addiction. Once you get one, you want a second one. Then a third. And so on until you find yourself fully covered in tattoos. Personally, I'm not really into being fully covered in tattoos, but a few are fine. 
 However, I think it's a waste to draw something permanent on yourself if it doesn't mean something important for you. Otherwise, you will eventually get bored with it. Especially if it'
s somewhere where it can be seen easily.  


This is one of the first pictures I took after I got it. 
It was on the 19th of August 2012. I got into a big fight with my parents and I wanted something that would express my anger. The best idea I could come with was a tattoo. Obviously, they knew nothing about it. I didn't have many ideas on what I should get so the wings and the word 'Independence' were the only things I could think about. I called a guy who knew a guy who would get me a tattoo without my parents' permission, as he worked from home. Soo, I called him and the next thing I know is that it was the 19th of August 2012 and I was on my way to getting a tattoo.
Overall, this wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted the wings and somewhere below them the word 'Independence'. Then this guy showed me the drawing (what he thought I wanted) and I liked it.
Now, it means to me a lot more than it used to. With everything I've done in the past year, independence is something really important for me. Since forever, I knew that no matter what I'm gonna do with my life, I won't depend on the other. I'm not saying that it's not ok to ask for help sometimes. We're human and we all need help from time to time. But a really powerful man, in my opinion, is one who can manage to get out of any situation by himself. One who will count on his own power and mind to get out of a situation. This is a powerful, not to mention intelligent, man!




Even though the black isn't the black it used to be, I still like it. And I don't regret it.

4 comentarii:

  1. Is it permanent that tattoo at your back? the wings are kinda cool but they said that permanent tattoo have negative effects to pregnant women.. I dont know though but I just avoid having tattoo just to be safe (but if i have ill have to have one, ill have one in my wrist, a simple cross sign =)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Yes, it's permanent. I think it's a matter of perception. Whether you agree or not with having tattoos. In my opinion, they're a way of expressing yourself. Every tattoo has a story. If it doesn't have a story, it's not worth having it. For example, if I'll have a child in future, I will probably either got his/her birthday date tattooed (this word 'tattooed' seems so wrong) somewhere, either his/her portrait on my back. I really love them, but as I said, I'm not the 'fully covered with tattos' kind of person :)

      Ștergere
  2. nice post :) i want a tattoo myself...maybe one day :) btw..your writing has improved a lot, or so I think :) miss you :* (Alina)

    RăspundețiȘtergere