marți, 8 octombrie 2013

Timeless


   I've been thinking a lot about this lately. About time. I've been thinking mostly about the fact that we sell our time. Working on hourly jobs, I realized that those people pay me just because they don't have time to do those things. I don't do unusual things, I only write articles, edit videos and stuff like that. Nothing someone else couldn't do. It's just that others don't have time.
   I think that at some point we realize how precious it is, and it will be too late. I mean, I kind of waste my time now, when I don't have jobs to do, but on one hand, I think this is the right time to waste time. I don't have bills to pay yet, I only work because it was my choice to work, not because I have to. I only work so that I can afford things without asking my mom to give me money. I've started when I was 16 and I don't think I'll ever stop.
   On the other hand, sometimes I think that there's no time to be wasted. But then again, what if wasting time isn't wasted? What if by wasting time, we actually learn something?

   Anyway, not every.. unproductive.. thing we do is necessarily wasted time. For example, going out with someone, spending time with someone. That is not wasted time, in my opinion. That is a gift. Just like the picture 'says', when you spend time with someone you give them a portion of your life that you will never get back. And then again, it's not just you who gives them your time, they also give you their time. I think that's wonderful.. :)

... until you run out of time. When you will, I think you'll either wish you've done something more productive with your time, either wish you've spent more time with them.

4 comentarii:

  1. Wasting time is something subjective... Winnie the Pooh once said “Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.” For me, "wasting time" is when you do something that you don't like, or when you want to try something but you haven't tried and ended up regretting because you haven't tried it, or when you have the chance to do something but you didn't... You know, there are a lot of things that I wished I did when I was on my teenage years, the problem is, I didn't think of those things when I was younger...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. yes, I understand. That's exactly what I'm trying to do, get options. I won't be one of those women at 40 years old wondering what would have happened if I ... ? That's just not what I want to become :) And when you really want something, it will eventually happen.

      Ștergere
  2. Finally i got to check your blog. i was so busy... I don't have much free time since college started. i'm exhausted..i have so many thins to do and sooo little time. anyway, as far as I know you started working way before you were 16 (making bouquets and stuff) but maybe I'm wrong. loved this article, kind of short tough :) Kisses and hope I'll see you soon :D skip classes one day and come to timi so we can get together :* (damn i'm a bad influence) :)) Alina

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. haha, I will for sure! Anyway, making bouquets was nothing. When I was 16 I found my first real job, and I found it myself. It wasn't mommy to find it for me. I don't know if you know, but when I was 16 I started sharing flyers on the streets. I was paid with 5 lei per hour :D That was my first REAL job :P

      Ștergere