marți, 23 iulie 2013

Same Love




  This song speaks my mind . People seem to have a problem with gay people and I don't understand why . What's the difference between gay people and straight people ? We are all humans and we all have rights .
  Of course , nowadays it's not that much of a big deal as it used to be . In early 80s , it was shameful . Gay people used to hide their sexual orientation because they were ashamed . For teenagers , it was worse . They had to face their parents . And what's the thing with church ? Church is supposed to be a place where you go to pray to God and to have ' God's blessing ' when you get married . Then why is that that you can't have ' God's blessing ' if you're gay ?
        
                    ' Whatever God you believe in , we come from the same one '

  Sometimes I wonder how did I turn out this way . I come from a racist family whose members think that being gay is a disease . It's not that my parents ever tried to wash my brain or something , but it's not like they agree with many things I'm trying to support either .

                  ' No freedom 'til we're equal ? Damn right I support it ! '

6 comentarii:

  1. your family might be "old school"and is not so open minded with those stuffs; and it's not the gay's fault either to feel opposite to the body they were bestowed. I guess it's a matter of perception, what you believe is right or wrong. Like for example, christian belief says killing is bad, while muslim believe that killing for their "Allah" is rewarding... you know, that makes this world interesting, the thoughts of the people differ from one another...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. I don't think there are certain right and wrong things . I mean , even if you do something 'wrong' , if you do it with your heart and if don't mean something bad when you do it , it's fine . Things get wrong when you do them with cold heard , in my opinion :)

      Ștergere
  2. i agree with you. nowadays, being different in any way is a form of social suicide. when you're different, people label you as weird, strange, and call you hurtful names. and this is why these days we see people following patterns. society is sick. i believe that we all are valuable in some way and exactly the fact that we are different from each other is what makes us special, not strange. nice subject, btw. :* (alina)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. as you said , society is sick . the thing is that WE are the society , you know ? if we would all disagree with this , we could change it ( the fact that people are following patterns and the fact that some people are called hurtful names ) . I know that this is not exactly relevant , but there was this quote in a movie " people shouldn't be afraid of their governments . governments should be afraid of people " .

      Ștergere
    2. this is true, but however we do nothing. i try to, but sometimes, without even realizing, i tend to look down on some people and to judge them by superficial things. and then, when i come to my senses i feel bad. i really am trying to improve myself and my way of seeing others. i believe that each one of us have a dose of superficiality in us. it is up to us if we nurse it or not :D (alina)

      Ștergere
    3. yes , you're right . we all judge because that's how our parents raise us . since we are little they teach us not to talk to strangers , not to talk with certain people because of the way they look like . I remember that my mom used to tell me not to look at the beggars who had scars and stuff like that . we are taught to stay away from people with piercings and tattoos because they might be a bad influence , and so on . this is how we are raised :)

      Ștergere